LET US GROW WELL
DON’T PICK ME OUT
1. Where do you mostly find this kind of text?
a. in a zoo
b. in a playground
c. in a garden
d. in a parking lot
DUE TO MANY SHARP ROCKS, VISITORS ARE PROHIBITED TO SWIM ALONG THIS AREA
2. What does the text mean?
a. The visitors are allowed to swim freely.
b. The beach is just for visitors to swim.
c. The visitors may not swim far away.
d. Swimming along the beach is dangerous.
3. Where do we usually find this text?
a. in the lake
b. on the berach
c. in the river
d. in the swimming pool
DO NOT WALK ON THE GRASS
4. What does the text mean?
a. The grass is for visitors to walk.
b. The visitors are not allowed to step on the grass
c. The visitors may walk on the grass.
d. People can walk on the grass.
WE KNOW WE COULD DO IT.
WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU, OUR STUDENTS.
5. What is the greeting card for?
a. to inform the graduation
b. to congratulate the students
c. to show the teachers’ feeling
d. to pray for the students’ success
6. The teacher congratulated the students, because .....
a. They have just finished their study
b. They could do the exam well
c. They are so proud of their teacher
d. They have just celebrate their success
Sorry , mom has to go to Husada Insani Hospital. Grandma is being hospitalized there. She has relapse and needs to be taken back into the hospital. If mom has to come late, don’t forget the following:
• Don’t let any stranger enter the house.
• Lock the front gate
• Do your mathematics homework.
• Remember to take your cough medicine after lunch.
• Call mom soon if something happens to you.
I love you,
7. Melanie’s mother wrote the massage because......
a. She had to leave her daughter alone they day.
b. Her daughter has already been able to read.
c. She had to send her daughter to the hospital.
d. Her mother asked her to fetch her at the hospital.
8. The following statements are true about Melanie, except .....
a. She is a student. c. She is not able to read well.
b. She has a cough. d. She is brave to be at home alone.
Come to my house on Saturday 17,
3.30 p.m Jl Pelajar no 6/8
Share your happiness at my brother’s
9. Who visited to the party .....
a. Ratna c. Dara
b. Dara and Ratna d. Ratna’s brother
On Wednesday August 13th
In class VIII A at eight o’clock
All students of VIII A are supposed to join.
Bring one or two friends and wear your funniest
Clothes to make the party fun.
10. The persons who may join the party are VIII A students and their....
a. couples c. parents
b. relatives d. Friends
Read the announcement bellow !
ATTENTION, PLEASE !
The library is opened daily 8.am to 4 pm and on Saturdays until 2 pm the library is closed on Sunday
11. When does the library open ?
A. Two o’clock
B. Four o’clock
C. Eight o’clock
D. Nine o’clock
12. How long does the library open on Saturday?
A. 6 hours
B. 7 hours
C. 8 hours
D. 9 hours
“ English Club Member “
There will be no meeting this week I’ll let you know
When the club will meet again
13. What does the text tell us about ?
A. This week the member of the English Club have no meeting as usual.
B. He will meet no member of the English Club this week.
C. The school won’t meet member of the English Club.
D. The chairman of the English Club will not let his member meet again.
Read this text !
Roni and Dini study at SMP 77. Their school has a nice library. The library is not so big , but it has a lot of books, newspaper and magazine. The book are arranged to system.
The students like coming to the library. The room is air conditioned and always full of visitors. They go there to read borrow some books they like. They are served by Mrs Yulia and Bahrul. These librarian have been working for twenty years.
14. How is the library at Dini’s school ?
a. It’s nice and very big c. It’s quite and nice
b. It’s really nice and beautiful d. It;s not so big but nice
15. How will the visitors feel when they are in the library ?
a. They will feel cool c. They will feel very cold
b. They will feel hot d. They will feel warm
Read these text carefully !
Taronga Zoo is the major zoo in Australia. It’s located in Sydney, New South Wales.it occupies a 33 hectare location, the name “Taronga “ is an Aboriginal name. It’s means “ Water View”.
The zoo has Australia’s finest collection of native Australia and many exotics species. It’s has Kangaroos, wallabies and koalas. Those animals can be seen from aclose distance. There are platypuses, echidnas and New Zealand, kiwis in the noctural House. There are also Gorilla Tropical Forest. All animals in the zoo are kept very well they are kept in environment that like their natural habitat.Taronga is usually used as a site for scientific research, conversation and education. It’s also offers arange of educational and special inters toors.
16. What does the text tell you about ?
a. Australia’s finest collection of native Australia
b. Taronga as a site for scientific research
c. Aboriginal zoo collection
d. Taronga as a major zoo in Australia
17. “ They are kept in the environment.....(paragraph 2)
The word “they” refers to....
a. Gorillas c. New Zealands kiwi’s
b. Platypuses d. All animals in the zoo
Read the text and answer question!
Our Trip to Bali Island
On Saturday we went to Bali ( God’s island). We stayed at Nusa Indah Hotel. It has big garden with lots of colorful flowers and swimming pool.
On Saturday night, we went to Kuta Beach to swim enjoy to sunset. It was a very beautiful view. Then, we took some pictures and spent the night cheerfully.
On the following day, we went to some beautiful places such as Pure Besakih, Sangeh and Sanur. We bought some souvenir such as skirts, bags, handicrafts, and foods. After having all the trip, we went home in the afternoon.
18. Where did the writer take the first destination in Bali ?
a. Pura Besakih c. Sanur
b. Sangeh d. Kuta
19. “ ................and spent the night cheerfully “
What does the bold word mean ?
a. Greatly c. Happily
b. Sadly d. Carefully
20. How long did the writer spend the holiday in Bali ?
a. One day c. Three days
b. Two days d. Four days
21. What did the writer do on Saturday night ?
a. Enjoyed the sunset c. Had all trip
b. Bought some souvenir d. Stayed in the hotel
Read the text below and answer this question for no 22-25
• 1 chicken, boil, shered its meat separate its bone,
• 2 citronella, take its white part, bruise it.
• 5 leaves of lemon, wash.
• 250 ml chicken broth.
• 500 ml milk squeezed from coconut.
• ½ spoonful of salt
• ½ spoonful of sugar
• Oil it saute
Refined ingredients :
• 5 garlic
• 7 red onion
• 2 gingers
• ½ spoonful of papper
• 5 candlenut fruit
1. Saute the soft spice
Put the citronella, lemon leaves and laurel like leaf mix them evenly. Pour the chicken broth, coconut milk, salt,sugar.
2. Add the shred of chicken , let the spice absorb in it.
3. Serve it and add fried red onion on it.
22. What is the purpose of the text ?
a. Telling experience of the cooking opor
b. Describe food
c. Making chicken opor
d. Telling the way to make chicken opor
23. What should be done with the chicken ?
a. It is boiled
b. It is fried
c. It is roasted
d. It is boiled and shred
24. “ It its white part, bruise it “
The word “its” refers to .....
25.” . . . its meat and separate its bone
The underlined word means . . .
c. Take a part
d. Get close
THE LEGEND of LAKE TOBA
Once upon a time, a fisherman named Batara Guru Sahala lived in Batak land.One day, he caught a fish. He was surprised to find that the fish could talk. It begged Sahala to set it free. He did accordingly.
As soon as the fish was free, it changed into a woman. She was so beautiful that Sahala fell in love with her at once. He asked her to marry him. The woman agreed to marry Sahala. However, she told him that he must never let out the secret that she was once a fish. Sahala promised her that he would not tell anyone about it.
They were happily married, and had two daughters. Every morning Sahara went out fishing. His daughters would bring him his lunch.
One day, however, instead of bringing the food to their father, the two girls ate it..
When Sahala knew what they had done with the meal, he got very angry. He shouted at them saying, “You behaved exactly like the daughters of a fish.
26.What does gthe text tell us about?
a. the legend of Lake Toba
b. Batara Guru Sahara
c. Batak land
d. The fish could talk
27.Who is Sahala?
28.“It begged Sahala ... “ The underlined word means ...
29.What did the fisherman catch one day?
a. the seal
b. the sealion
c. the coral reef
d. the fish
“CMI Sunny Chlorella” extracted form fresh water algaechlorella pyrenoidosa, a rich sourse of essential nutrients. The function is to improve our health.
Children : 5 – 10 tab/day
Adult : 10 – 20 tab/ day
Produced by Gratia Mea Farma, Ende, Flores
30. How many tablets of Sunny Chorella does your father take?
a. 4 tab/ day
b. 5 tab/day
c. 11 tab/day
d. 22 tab/day
31. “... a rich source of essential nutrients.’ The underlined word means ...
The Komodo Dragon is the world’s biggest lizad. It is a reptile, a cold blooded animal. It ia diurnal, most active during the day. The Komodo Dragon is a fast runner; It can run up to 11 mph (18 kph). It is also a good tree climber and swimmer.
The Komodo Dragon’s scientific name is Varanus Komodoenses. It is in danger of extinction because of its habitat loss. Its life span is about 20 years.
Komodo Dragon lives on islands in Indonesia, including the island of Komodo. They live in hot, humid, grassy lowlands and rainforests.
The Komodo Dragon is about 9 feet (2.8 m) long, but get up to 10 feet (3 m long) and weighs up 300 pounds (135 kg). It has large jaws, four short legs, and five toed feet with sharp claws. The tail is longer than the body. It senses chemical with a long, yellow, forked tongue.
The Komodo Dragon is a carnivore (meat eater). It eats almost anything it can catch, including goats, deer, wild boars, other lizards, and carrion (dead meat) that it finds. The Komodo Dragon has disease ridden bacteria in its mouth. After it beats its prey, the victim will get sick and die from blood poisoning in one or two days. The Komodo Dragon will then find the body and eat it.
The female digs a hole in a ground, lays 20 – 40 eggs, and then cover them up with soil. The eggs hatch in about 7 months. Hatchlings mostly insects and live in trees.
32. Paragraph 1 of the text above is about ...
a. the wolrd’s biggest animal
b. the Komodo Dragon
c. the charateristics of the Komodo Dragon
d. A reptile
33. Why is the Komodo Dragon in danger of extinction?
a. People hunt for it
b. People try to destroy it
c. It has lost its habitat.
d. Its life span is only 20 years.
34. The Komodo Dragon is a carnivore. It eats ...
a. anything, including vegetbles
b. only big animals
c. only carrions
35. Which of the following is not true according to the text above?
a. The Komodo Dragon belongs to a reptile.
b. The tail of the Komodo Dragon is longer than its body.
c. The Komodo Dragon has very big jaws.
d. There are so many Komodo Dragons in the island if Komodo.
36. What is the advertisement about ?
a. Hair care
b. Sun block
c. Skin care
d. Medical product
37. How many choices of product ?
a. Two c. Three
b. Four d. Five
38. The word “ cream “ is similar to ?
a. oil c. Lotion
b. fluid d liquid
To : Jasmine @Yahoo.com
From : Dhika @ co.id
RE : Planning for holiday
Date : June,29th 2009
Hi, Jasmine. How’s life ? we’re
Along holiday this summer, aren’t we ?. What are u going to do >. U know summer is a good time for camping and hiking. We plan to go to Devon mountain. Its a nice place for camping and hiking and also for fishing . There is a river near campsite. But I’m really keen on it. At night we’ll sit around the fire and sing songs . Why don’t U join us ? it will be more fun if U come. Let me know soon.
39. What activities is dhika going to do for the long holiday ?
a. Camping and hiking
b. Camping and fishing
c. Camping, hiking and fishing
d. Camping, hiking, singing and sitting around the fire
40. Why are they going to go to Devon mountain ?
a. It’s summer season
b. It’s a nice place for holiday
c. They’re going to camp and hike
d. They’re going to fish in the river
This text for number 41 – 44
Hotels are places that provide lodging and usually meals and various personal services for the public. They are buildings . . (41) . . people can hire a room to stay in . Those buildings are usually . .(42) . . than a house. When someone . . (43) . . in a hotel, he will get some facilities according to their class , The roomboy will serve him . . (44) . . his stay.
41. a. Where c. When
b. who d. Which
42. a. more expensive c. stronger
b. cleaner d. bigger
43. a. stay c. is staying
b. stays d. stayed
44. a. when c. during
b. after d. Inside
For number 45 – 46, arrange the words into a good sentence !
45. in – a few - years – can – she – dresses – own – her – make
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
a. 5 – 4 - 9 – 1 – 2 – 8 – 6 – 3 - 7
b. 5 – 4 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 1 – 2 – 3
c. 8 – 6 – 9 – 5 - 4 – 7 - 1 – 3 – 2
d. 8 – 6 – 9 – 5 – 4 - 3 – 2 – 1 – 7
46. New – glasses – read – easily – he – can – with - his
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
a. 5 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 7 – 8 – 1 – 2
b. 8 – 1 – 2 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 7 – 5
c. 5 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 8 – 7 – 1 – 2
d. 8 – 1 – 2 – 6 – 7 – 4 – 3 – 5
47. Arrange the following sentences into good paragraph !
1. First of all , grow, seed, glove, patch.
2. Finally, better, water, dusk.
3. After that , holes, then, press, down, base.
4. Next, clods, now.
a. 1 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 5
b. 3 - 1 - 4 – 2 – 5
c. 1 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 5
d. 5 – 2 – 4 – 3 – 1
48. Arrange the following sentences into a good paragraph !
1. Some students are now lazy
2. A pocket calculator is a kind of small computer.
3. They like using a calculator better than thinking.
4. It can also do more difficult mathematical jobs.
5. This machine can do addition , subtraction , multipication and divition.
6. It can do calculation with number.
a. 1 – 3 – 2 – 6 – 5 – 4
b. 1 – 3 – 4 – 6 – 5 – 2
c. 1 – 3 - 2 - 4 – 5 – 6
d. 1 – 3 – 2 – 5 – 6 – 4
49. Arrange the following sentences into a good paragraph !
1. Every morning he always goes to cultivate his ricefield.
2. And the other are sold to the traditional market.
3. Mr. Rahmat is a diligent farmer.
4. He lives in small village.
5. Sometime Mr. Rahamat’s family consume the crops.
6. He plans rice, peanut, corn and some vegetables.
a. 4 – 1 – 6 – 2 – 3 – 5
b. 4 – 1 - 6 – 2 – 5 – 3
c. 3 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 5 – 2
d. 3 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 5 – 2
50. Arrange the following sentences into a good paragraph !
1. Every computer consists of hardware and software.
2. It can help us do a lot of jobs.
3. Hardware is the machine.
4. Software is all the system of computer.
5. Computer is a cleaver machine.
a. 5 – 1 – 3 – 4 - 2
b. 5 – 2 – 1 – 3 – 4
c. 3 – 4 – 5 – 2 – 1
d. 4 – 5 – 3 – 1 – 2
The answer keys
1. C 11. C 21. A 31. B 41. C
2. D 12. A 22. D 32. D 42. D
3. B 13. A 23. D 33. C 43. B
4. B 14. D 24. B 34. C 44. C
5. B 15. A 25. B 35. D 45. B
6. A 16. D 26. A 36. C 46. A
7. A 17. D 27. B 37. A 47. C
8. C 18. D 28. D 38. C 48. A
9. C 19. C 29. D 39. D 49. D
10. D 20. B 30. C 40. C 50. B